Wednesday, March 13, 2013

2 Month Recap

     These 2 months living in Monterey have flown by! I feel bad about not blogging more, but I felt like I didn't have that much to talk about. While we've done some traveling and sightseeing, life has been pretty standard here.

     Weekdays, while Mike is at work I just hang out in the hotel room. I was going a little stir-crazy at first. Having no job/responsibilities sounds awesome, but after a couple weeks it gets really boring! Now, I just try to enjoy this leisure time and know that it's a blessing. I read, work on photos and listings for Pandawire or walk over to the nearby outdoor mall. When Mike gets home around 3:30pm we usually head to the gym and then go out for dinner or make something in the hotel room. Our hotel has been wonderful! They put us in a great room and have made every effort to accommodate our random requests, like a second mini fridge for all the groceries we buy.

     On the weekends, we try to get out a little more while still trying to save money. Carmel-by-the-Sea is only 10 minutes away and it's fun to spend a few hours walking around the cute little shops. There are so many restaurants here; we've rarely eaten at the same place twice, just because we want to try everything. We've done 3 wine tastings which is fun, but pricey since we always seem to buy a few bottles. We drove to a gem & mineral store in Vacaville about a month ago and Mike was in heaven. Then we drove over to San Francisco to have dinner and check out Fisherman's Wharf. I like San Francisco (this was my 3rd time), but I HATE the traffic. It's especially bad near the "touristy" areas and we were happy to get out of there. We plan on going to Sonoma this weekend to visit my Aunt and maybe definitely do some more wine tasting.

     While Mike is still here for another 6 weeks (at least) I am flying back to Vegas on March 24. The cats have to fly to Hawaii BEFORE April 15 due to the summer heat embargo, so our flight is April 10. This means I will still be in Hawaii alone for 2-4 weeks, depending on when Mike gets to come home. It's not the ideal situation, but it's how it has to be. I'm trying to remain calm about all of this, but every few days I start stressing about something new. We no longer have a car there, so my main concern is finding a reliable yet inexpensive car as quickly as possible. I know nothing about cars and nothing about the island so I'm really hoping Mike's friends/contacts can help me out. I'm also very worried about getting Chubbs and Evie there safely. Due to Hawaii's rabies/quarantine rules, the cats have to fly there checked as baggage. I've done lots of research on how to make it as comfortable as possible for them, but I'm still very worried about how stressful it's going to be on them.

I'm just crossing my fingers and praying everything works out. That's all I can do, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment