Thursday, April 4, 2013

Back and Forth

     I'm back in Vegas for now. As sad as I always am to leave Mike, it was nice to get back to my family and fur babies. I was able to talk to my family while in California, but obviously my cats had no clue what was going on. I was really worried they'd feel confused and abandoned. Happily, they welcomed me back with open paws! We've completed all the necessary paperwork and fees (so many fees!) involved in moving the cats to Hawaii, there's nothing to do except get on the plane next week.

     It's crazy how time flies. It seems like I just got back and now I leave in less than a week! I've been trying to spend as much time with my family as possible. My dad and I work out together during the week and have just been hanging out since I'm staying at their house. Unfortunately, my mom left to help out my aunt in Japan shortly after I arrived. She won't be back until after I leave, so I'm not 100% sure when I'll be seeing her again. My parents want to come to Oahu for their 25th wedding anniversary this summer, so hopefully that happens.

     I spent 4 days this past weekend at my sister's house, visiting with her and my nieces. Those girls are so awesome and growing up so quickly. It's really hard to think about how different they'll be when I see them next. Kaylee is 10 and only about 8 inches shorter than me. She says she'll be taller than me when I see her next and she's probably right. Lily just turned 7 and I was so happy to get back to Vegas just in time for her birthday. She promised me she will stay little so I can still pick her up when I come back. Leaving my only sister behind is really rough. We fought SO MUCH as kids, but are really good friends now. It sucks that we won't be going shopping or having lunch together any time soon.

     My feelings on leaving go back and forth. I'm excited to be going somewhere so different from Las Vegas. Excited about the beaches, nice weather and whatever new adventures Mike and I find. I'm not happy to be moving so far from everyone I know to a place I haven't been in 30 years. I'm not excited at all about getting there before Mike and really worried about finding everything on my own. That's probably my biggest worry right now. He'll be out there about 3 weeks after I arrive, so it's really not that long. I am really looking forward to us finally being in our house together!

     I know, it probably sounds lame to be whining about moving to paradise. Trust me, I know how lucky I am, it's just a lot to take in sometimes. Especially for a girl who really hates change.

     However, there's no growth without change and that's what I keep reminding myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment